Think you've got a killer slider recipe? Professional and home cooks are invited bring your take on the popular pub grub -- the only rule is that it fits in a tiny bun! Get creative to capture the People's Choice Slider Award, the Judges' Choice Slider Award, and the Most Spirited Booth Award.
The Judge's Choice winner's recipe will be featured as a special on the Chattanooga Brewing Company food menu following the competition!
Each slider team should supply the following:
- Tables, chairs, and tent
- Heat source – propane, camp stove, grill, or sterno. No electricity is provided.
- Cooking thermometer, cooking equipment, utensils and serving gloves
- Trash can and bag
- 150 sliders
- Meat may be pre-cooked before the event but must be served at 160F.
- 3 members per team max.
- Teams are responsible for not preparing or serving harmful ingredients. (Teams must be willing to eat their own sliders!)
- Teams must provide a list of ingredients, including spices (due to allergies)
Keeping it clean!
- Practice proper sanitation - keep your area clean.
- Keep perishable items in a cooler packed with ice.
- Use separate cutting boards for meats and vegetables. Wash your veggies!
- Keep your hands clean. Use disinfecting sanitizer and plastic gloves.
The Chattanooga Breakfast Rotary Club is seeking beer and food vendors for our inaugural Brew Skies Beer & Food Festival to be held on April 8, 2017.
More about the festival >
Your participation will help us raise funds for the service projects our club performs in the local community and around the world, including literacy and citizenship programs with Hixson elementary schools and clean water and sanitation projects in Haiti.
More about our projects >
Home brew competition
Home brewers are invited to bring your best concoctions for attendees to sample from their souvenir tasting glasses. They'll then vote for their favorite home brew of the day to crown the People's Choice Home Brew Award. Also up for grabs are the Judges' Choice Home Brew Award and the Most Spirited Booth Award.
Each vendor will receive two tickets so you can enjoy some food and beer too! (Everyone must be ticketed, even volunteers and vendors.)
The winners of People's Choice and Judges' Choice awards will each receive a barrel (wine or whiskey, TBD!) to be used for aging your next batch of home brew.
Each beer vendor should supply the following:
- 5 gallons of one beer (if you'd like to bring more than one beer, please let us know)
- Table and chairs
- Jockey box for serving
- Ice and ice tub
- CO2 and regulator
- Sign for your booth
Local breweries are also welcome to join in! Same vendor requirements as for home brewers, but the competition is for home brewers only. Approximately 200 attendees will sample your beers, and swag is welcome!
- Location: on Chestnut Street between Chattanooga Brewing Company and Finley Stadium.
- In case of rain, beer vendors will move inside CBC. Food vendors must remain outside, so please bring a tent!
- Vendor load in must be completed by 11:30 a.m.
- 10'x10' space provided to each vendor to set up any way you please. It can be as simple or as extravagant as you want (but remember that Most Spirited Booth Award!).
- Vendors are responsible for breakdown and clean up booth and surrounding area at the end of the event.
The festival provides:
- 10x10 space per vendor/team
- Napkins & serving plates
- Souvenir tasting glasses for participants
- Voting Supplies
- 21+ ID check and wristbands